TruAge COMPLETE answers the following age-related questions:
- For each calendar year that passes, how many years is my body actually aging?
- How long are my telomeres?
- My birthday makes me _ years old, but how old is my body, biologically?
- How does my relationship with alcohol consumption impact my DNA expression and aging processes?
- According to my DNA expression, am I likely to lose weight from restricting my caloric intake?
- How has my lifetime exposure to tobacco smoke impacted my DNA expression and aging processes?
- What can I do to improve my age-related, biological metrics?
- What does my raw data say?
The TruAge Complete Collection is an ever-expanding collection of aging measurements and health insights.
By lowering your biological age, you’re targeting the mechanisms that underly the process of aging – not just hiding the symptoms.
What is Biological Age?
Biological Aging is the gradual loss of function at a cellular and molecular level.
When the cell’s instructions written in your DNA get muddled or shut down, outward signs of aging begin to appear – from wrinkles to a higher likelihood of developing chronic disease. When this process is happening faster than it should be, that’s called accelerated aging.
Accelerated biological aging is the #1 risk factor for many chronic diseases.
What is Epigenetics?
Epigenetics is the link between your genes and your environment. It is what your body uses to change how your genes are working without changing the DNA itself.
If your DNA was a recipe book, then epigenetic marks are like handwritten notes that you use to tweak the recipe’s steps.
What changes Biological Age?
Epigenetic markers for Biological Age first start to change while you’re still in the womb, and continue to change throughout your entire life.
These changes happen in response to nearly every choice you make. Nutrition, exercise habits, medications, injuries, environmental pollutions, how much sleep you’re getting, the stress you’re enduring, and much more.
It’s a long list, but recent studies have found that changing those factors can also change your Biological Age in as little as 8 weeks.